We all want to retain length for our curly locks, but what if you haven't or what if the growth you were getting comes to a halt and now you just feel like your hair is just not growing! Being that hair only grows a half inch a month I wouldn't get so caught in measuring every month, for the reason that you might be retaining length but really cant see the length considering a half inch a month is not really a noticeable amount of growth.
- Blow outs are still heat damage and will cause breakage
- Dry hair should be nipped in the bud moisturize on a regular basis
- Not clarifying scalp, this can cause build up on the scalp not letting your scalp properly breathe
- Brushing while wet can cause breakage
- Protein overload! check your products make sure their not protein based protein can also dry your hair out be sure to deep condition after use
- Not protecting your hair at night a satin bonnet, or pillow case is vital
- Take hair vitamins, and drink water what the inner is getting shows on the outside
- Try protective styles and if you don't like the look try wrapping a turban
- Trim and dust ends as needed
- Coloring your hair could also be the culprit.
Here I have posted a growth chart don't get stumped when you have retained growth consider all the reasons of what you may not be doing and take them into action. Also start a hair dairy take pictures every 4 to 6 months allowing the growth to be noticeable.
Hopefully this helps I will be trying the prenatal vitamin challenge which is prenatal pills grated and added to my deep conditioner so for tutorial's and results be sure to follow LecoiffureSociety on Instagram